电话英语,让你不再尴尬
kerry8
接听英语电话时对方的语速可能让你很头疼,直接说听不懂好像又不太好意思,到底应该怎么才能让对方慢点说呢?
one of the biggest problems is speed. native speakers, especially business people, tend to speak very quickly on the telephone. here are some practical tips to get native
speakers of english to slow down!
主要的一个问题是语速。说母语的人,尤其是商务人士,打电话的时候说话语速都很快。下面是一些实用的小贴士可以让母语是英语的人放慢说话的速度。
* immediately ask the person to speak slowly.
* 直接请这个人慢点说。
* when taking note of a name or important information, repeat each piece of information as the person speaks.
* 记录一个名字或者重要信息的时候,打电话的人说一句你就重复一句。
this is an especially effective tool. by repeating each important piece of information or each number or letter as the spell or give you a telephone number you automatically slow the speaker down.
这是一个很有效的策略。通过重复每一个重要的信息、每一个数字、每一个字母的时候都会让说话人的语速自动放慢。
* do not say you he understood if you he not. ask the person to repeat until you he understood.
* 如果没听懂就别说你懂了。让这个人重复一下直到你懂了。
remember that the other person needs to make himself/herself understood and it is in his/her interest to make sure that you he understood. if you ask a person to explain more than twice they will usually slow down.
记住别人需要自己的话被听懂。确保你能听懂关系到他或她的利益。如果你请一个人解释两次以上,通常这个人会放慢语速。
* if the person does not slow down begin speaking your own language!
* 如果这个人还不放慢语速你就始说你的母语。(这招狠!)
a sentence or two of another language spoken quickly will remind the person that they are fortunate because they do not need to speak a different language to communicate.
used carefully, this exercise in humbling the other speaker can be very effective. just be sure to use it with colleagues and not with a boss
快速的说一两个句子会提醒打电话的人他们是很幸运的因为他们不用使用不同的语言来交流。不过用这招要小心点,这种方法羞辱别人很有效,所以要确定你这么的对象是你同事而不是你老板!
第一部分
自己不会说英语时的应急电话用语:不擅长说英语的人接到英语电话时,千万不要手足无措,可用下述几种方式沉着应答。
(1) 请稍待片刻。
just a moment, please.
(2) 请别挂断。我找一位会说英语的人来。
hold the line, please. i’ll get an english speaker.
(3) 请等一下。我找个人来听。
hold on, please. i’ll get someone to the phone.
(4) 很抱歉,我英语说得不好。我找位会讲英语的人稍后回电话给你。请教您的大名及电话号码?
i’m sorry, i don’t speak english well. i’ll he an english speaker call you back later. may i he your name and telephone number?
第二部分
接电话的场白:拿起话筒的时候,可先用hello. good morning. good afternoon. 等问候对方,并报上自己的公司名、部门名、姓名等,如此可予人态度亲切的感觉。
(1) 早安。这里是正泰贸易公司。我能效劳吗?
good morning. this is chengtai trading company. may i help you?
(2) 午安。这里是大安商业银行。我能为您效劳吗?
good afternoon. this is dan an commercial bank. what can i do for you?
(4) 喂。海外营业部。我是王大明。
hello. overseas sales department. taming wang speaking.
(7) 我是杨文凯,请讲。
wenkai yang. speaking.
第三部分
问对方要找谁: 通常对方都会主动说出要找谁,但万一对方说不清楚,或是你没听懂,想再确认的时候,可以用下面的话问清楚。
(1) 请问找哪位?
who do you want to talk [speak] to?
(2) 您找哪位?
who would you like to speak with?
(3) 请问受话人的尊姓大名?
the name of the person you are calling, please?
(4) 你要打给哪位?
who are you calling?
第四部分
请教对方的大名:在接听老外打来的电话,应问清楚对方的身分,以便通报相关的当事人或进一步的。
(1) 请问是哪位?
who’s calling, please?
(2) 请问您哪位?
who’s speaking, please?
3) 请教大名好吗?
may i he your name, please?
4) 请问大名好吗?
may i ask your name?
(5) 请教您的大名。
your name, please.
(6) 请问您是哪位?
may i ask who’s calling, please?
(7) 请问您是谁?
who is this, please?
(8) 请问是谁?
who is that calling?
(9) 请告诉我您是哪位?
who should i say is calling?
(10) 您是哪一位?
who(m) am i speaking to?
(11) 要我通报您是哪位吗?
could i tell him who’s calling?
(12) 请问您是何人?
who’s that speaking, please?
(13) 请问是哪位打来的?
who’s this calling, please?
第五部分
不明了对方所言时:听不懂对方的话却硬撑下去,并非明智之举,不如坦白请对方更简单明确的说