到头来一切都会好的
微笑闪亮未来
Day: n. 天,日子
I had a really bad day. 我今天很不爽。
really? 'Cause I had a great day... 真的吗? 我今天过得很好啊。
I had a big day today, got up pretty early and got home at midnight. 今天忙死我了,一大早就起床,半夜才回到家。
He’s been bumming around the park all day. 他在公园里荡了一整天了。
Day in and day out: 日复一日,天天地, 每天地
My wife murmurs the same thing day in and day out. 我妻子天天喋喋不休地重复同样的话。
She cried day in and day out, and cried herself blind. 她天天哭, 把眼睛都哭瞎了。
最近,我的一个好友Tony发生了点事,他对我说:
My factory shut down, and all my investments went for nothing. What’s the worst that could happen? 我的工厂倒闭了,所有的投资全泡汤了,还有比这更糟的吗?
我对他说:
Things couldn’t have gone any worse; this has been the worst, you could start over for the best. 事情不会更糟了,这已经是最糟的了,你可以重新来过,会好起来的。
For the best: 出于好意,好转,向好的方面发展
I don't know. I think it might be for the best for both of us. 我不知道,也许这样对我们都好。
Everything will turn out for the best. 到头来一切都会好的。
My husband and I are working hard for the best. 我和我丈夫都在努力的工作,创造更美好的明天。
Listen, Roger, let’s have a break-up for the best. 听着,罗杰,我们分手吧,这样对大家都好。
Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. 抱乐观的希望,作最坏的准备。
I have a big day today, everything is in a mess, and you’re here to suggest a break-up, ok, please go…for the best. (我今天忙了一大天,一切都乱套了,而你又来提出分手,好。。。请走吧。。。这对我们都好。)