每周翻译论坛:提高英语表达水平,增强外贸销能力(2009/0)
Vishal.Shah
新年新气象、成功奔理想
Questions to Ask Yourself for Your Best Year Ever in 2009
为更好的2009年自我提问
Early Happy New Year!
拜个早年!
Today's issue is a New Year's tradition.
今天这期通讯是每年元旦的老传统了。
It's usually one of our most popular issues of the year, and most-visited in the archives.
一年当中,这一期非常受欢迎,并且最常被调阅。
If you're serious about hing your best year ever in 2009, TODAY is the best time to start. I do suggest you take some time to sit down with these questions.
如果你真的想让你的2009年成为有生以来最棒的一年,最好就从今天始。我强烈建议你花一点时间,坐下来回答以下的问题。
Think about your answers. Challenge yourself. Write them down. Then go to work!
认真思考你的答案。挑战自己。把答案写下来,然后再回到工作中去!
It's quite simple: if you want to be better in 2009, YOU need to do more than simply WANT it. You need to make some changes. Start now.
很简单的道理:如果你想要2009年过得更好,那你就得付出实际行动而不是停留在想要的阶段。你必须为之作出改变。现在始吧。
____________________________________________
What are you going to do to improve your industry and
product knowledge in 2009?
2009年,你要怎样深化你对行业的了解和产品知识?
How many inactive customers will you revive and turn into regular customers again? What do you need to do to make that happen?
你计划把多少“死”客户复活,并将他们重新成稳定的客户?你需要为此些什么?
What will you do to ensure you're protecting your best customers, and adding more value to the relationships? How will you sell even more to them?
你要怎样确保你能保住那些最有价值的客户,并让彼此的关系越来越有价值?你怎么样去把这些客户的量得更大?
[add value:相对于客户,你得是主动的状态,所以是:为彼此的关系增添更多的价值]
How many new customers will you bring on this year? How do you plan to do that, specifically?
你打算在新一年发多少新客户?你具体如何计划去完成你的目标?
What will you do to improve your physical health in 2009?
2009年,你打算如何促进你的身体健康?
What, specifically, are your sales and production goals for 2009? How does that break down into quarterly and monthly goals?
2009年,你有具体和特定的销目标吗?这个目标如何落实到每个季度、每个月里去?
How much more money will you make in 2009? How will that happen? What will you need to do, today, to take the first steps in that direction?
2009年,你打算比以前多赚多少钱呢?怎么样去赚呢?今天的赚钱第一步,你要怎么样迈出?
What will you need to do to increase THAT number by an additional 10%?
如果你想在此基础上再多赚10%,那你需要什么?
What are you going to do every day to keep your attitude at a high level?
你每天准备如何来保持你的高昂斗志?
How much time are you going to spend, daily, to improve your own sales skills? What will you do?
你打算每天花多少时间来提高你的销技巧? 你将怎么去?
How many referrals did you get in 2008? How will you get them? From whom? What will you do to turn them into sales?
2008年里你被介绍给了多少人?你如何获得介绍的?谁介绍给你的?你怎么样把这种介绍转化为业务?
[referral 一词是被客户(或亲友)推荐介绍给别人的意思。]
Speaking of referrals, will you please forward this issue to two others who would also benefit from these weekly Tips?
(OK, that's one of mine.)
说到介绍,你能不能顺便把这个话题转发给另外两个人,让他们也从这些每周小提示中获益? (当然,这就是我的一种找人推荐的法)
In which areas will you improve your personal, family, and spiritual life?
你打算在哪些方面提高你的个人、家庭和精神生活水平?
How are you going to maximize the use of your time? Where will you cut out the time-wasters in each day?
你打算怎样最大地利用你的时间?你打算把哪些浪费时间的事情从你的日常生活中剔除?
What he you been putting off that you will take care of within the next two weeks?
有哪些问题你一直延而未决但是打算在未来两周内解决的?
Who can you help to feel special every day?
你每天都能帮助谁、让他感到很特别?
What challenge, wish or desire--that you've never attempted before--will you finally achieve in 2009? How will you do that? Why?
有什么挑战、愿望和需求是你之前一直不敢想的?你在2009年会最终去面对它们吗?你打算怎么?为什么?
Where are you going to write all of this down so you can review and revise your plans regularly?
你打算把这些答案写在哪里,以便你可以经常重温和调整你的计划?
What will it LOOK like when you accomplish everything you've just been thinking about?
如果你把刚刚想过这些全部实现了,那看上去是怎么样的?
How good will it FEEL?
感觉会有多好?
What will it SOUND like when you achieve these things?
达到所有这些目标,听起来怎么样?
Why COULDN'T you do all of t