卡住怎么办?这些说法帮你“解卡"!
有时候话讲到一半就突然卡住了,可能是你忘了接下去要说啥,也有可能你一下子找不着词了,今天我们来看看如何沉着应对“卡住”的时刻,教你如何“解卡”!
→
1. What’s the word I’m looking for?
What’s the word/phrase/expression I’m looking for?: 什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
“What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
What's the word I'm looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我
It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考
When you use this phrase, you're also not expecting an answer, but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问, 而是在给自己时间过渡
→
2. How should I put it?
How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?
This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best expression: 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式
It also gives a heads-up that you’re about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的
→
3. It’s on the tip of my tongue
It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边
tip of my tongue:舌头边
“The tip of my tongue” is such a great image, as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样
→
4. I just had it
如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:
I just had it: 我刚才还记得的
可以用“I forgot”吗?
"I forgot" is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式
It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉
It shows that you’re not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉
→
5. It’s just not coming to me
如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:
It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊
This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了
也可以说:
It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了
If something slipped your mind, you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来
“It’s Father’s Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了
→
6. Just give me a sec
如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以: 1
Just give me a second: 容我想一想
冗长乏味的陈述经常会让沟通变得困难,这时候一些实用的短语就可以帮你扭转局面.
Basically
说这个词的时候就是在暗示对方,细节的东西就不再说了,马上要说的是最核心和重要的内容,需要引起注意:
Basically: 主要地,基本上
Basically, her job is to deal with foreign customers. 基本上,她的工作就是负责国外客户。
Overall
下面这个词表示细节上好的坏的不一一罗列,而是从总体上给一个结论:
Overall: 全部地,总的来说
Overall, I was disappointed with the result. 总的来说,我对这个结果非常失望。
For the most part
另外一个有些相似的短语是:
For the most part: 总体来说
For the most part, Paul is a good student. 总的来说,Paul是个好学生。
In any case
当谈话有一些跑题,你想把话题拉回正轨,可以用这个短语:
In any case: 无论如何,总之
In any case, I’ll see you this evening. 无论如何,我今晚会去见你。
Boils down to
这个短语非常地形象,就像沸腾时蒸汽都蒸发掉了,只剩下最重要的东西:
It all boils down to: 归根结底,归结于
The issue really boils down to whether customers will be willing to pay more for the same product or not.这个问题归根结底就在于客户愿不愿意花更多的钱买相同的东西。
Long story short
这个短语易学易记,和中文里的表达也非常地对应:
Long story short: 长话短说
如果你不想讲述得太详细:
I won’t bore you, long story short, we had a great time. 不想让你觉得无聊,我就长话短说吧,我们那天玩的很开心。
如果别人一直在滔滔不绝,你可以说:
Tom, just make long story short. Tom,长话短说吧。
In short
和口语相比,这个短语在书面表达上更加常用,写作或是比较正式的时候可以用到:
In short: 总之,简而言之
In short, they continue to meet at regular intervals. 总而言之,他们继续定期举行会议。
In a nutshell
另外一个非常口语而且非常可爱的表达是:
In a nutshell: 简而言之,nutshell是坚果壳。
Just give it to me in a nutshell. 说得简洁一点吧。
All in all
最后也是一个使用频率很高的短语:
All in all: 总而言之
There were ups and downs, but all in all, it was good. 虽然有一些起起伏伏,但是总而言之还是挺好的。